Sunday, September 28, 2008

Waiting for Dax

I had a very interesting morning. I videotaped a beautiful pregnant woman, Stephana. She is a friend of Andrea's who is on her way to having a home birth any day now, I suspect as early as tonight, she was already having contractions while I was there. Her first child was also born at home. Andrea will be photographing the home birth of their second son, Dax and I will have the absolute privelege of being present to videotape it. She is very passionate about natural child birth and the ability of every woman to bear a child naturally if she wishes. She wants to empower women to take charge of their own bodies and balance the culture of fear associated with birth today by documenting her own natural journey. Her inspiration comes from a beautiful video she shared with me when I got there. It was the documentation of an amazing and beautiful home birth of a midwife from Mexico. It was powerful and moving in its simplicity and naturalness.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

I'm so happy to have you join me on this journey. And I hope I can do it justice.

See you soon darling.

SUR NOTES said...

oh anja, thats awesome.

hope you end up making the film i have been thinking about for the past five years!!!

Sara Ballard said...

Dax and his family will be blessed to have you and Andrea in the room with him. Lucky kid! How exciting!