Monday, June 02, 2008

Another one?



Today Anika and I met a 2 week old baby, Lucas. One of the O mama's, Monica just had her second child. She opened the door with him on her breast, it was the most beautiful sight in the world, she looked tired and lovely like only a new mother can. We talked about the emotional impact of a second child on mama and child number one. Suddenly mama has to be shared. I always wonder about the same thing, Anika is the love of my life, will I be able to love another child as much as this? And won't she feel left out and replaced. Monica had tears in her eyes as she said, I had to keep Gabriella away from Lucas last week because she had a cold, she was so sad. When I asked her about feelings for the second one she said that even though she wondered about how she would feel, when the baby came she felt the same powerful love. The only reason I think of another child is to give Anika a sibling. My sisters are my best friends, surely Anika deserves the same opportunity for love, friendship and support in her life...

3 comments:

iMother2.0 said...

I wrestle with the same questions. Do we have another child? Do we want another child? What would happen to Mia? I can't think of her playing second fiddle to anyone. I'm sure we could love the second as much as the first...I've heard that the heart just works that way. I'm getting older...should we have another child..now or just chunk the whole idea? We have different answers on different days :)
I feel for Monica & Gabriella..the whole family. I'm not so good with transition.

SUR NOTES said...

suddenly this is the one topic being discussed by mommy bloggers.
http://karmickids.blogspot.com/2008/05/dont-want-mamma-want-baby-sister.html
and
http://babiesanon.wordpress.com/2008/05/30/why-i-wanted-to-have-another-baby/
i have left rather embarassingly long comments.

from someone who has grown up as an only child,and a rather happy one, if you ever want my perspective, just mail. please do not beat yourself up about this- do what you feel like.

anika's place is your heart is firmly there- even if you have ten more.

ps my mum might visit your city. anything you need from here?

PRIYA SHARMA SHAIKH said...

If you look at my tonki-wonki and you will have the answer sweetheart and if you are still feeling queied just leave the answer to mother nature and whatever will be will be ...