Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Moms and detachable breasts

Ok that got your attention without a picture, my camera is STILL broken.

Last night was an MNO(mom's night out) for the 'Other Mothers' we had a holiday party sans babies avec wine, chocolate and cheese aplenty...It was so fun to get dressed up and laugh loudly at silly things because of alcoholic beverages. I'm so glad I went, I signed up to go on the previous night when I had an insomniac moment at 3 am! The conversation eventually went to our babies and mothering. At one point we talked about how we loved nursing but would love it so much more if we could detach our breasts and leave them for baby when we needed a break! Everyone nodded solemnly and agreed, yes this would be a marvellous invention. We could co-sleep without having to go to bed right when baby does. When I was driving home later and my mind went back to the conversation the hilarity of it struck me hard..I laughed out loud!

I am SOOOO irritated that the camera is out of commission, I hate posting without pics. I have two other posts I was dying to write about...our weekend in Houston for a wonderful family get together and a fabulous package I received form India filled with sweaters my darling mother knitted for Anika...By the tiime the camera issue is resolved it'll be so long after the fact...

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I had a great time partying with the O'Mamas! You should have heard the conversations we had in our group.

Mama, I've linked your blog to my favorites on my blogger because I love looking at your beautiful Anika!

anja said...

hey om mami, good to see you here, that really was a fun party. thanks for linking middlemonth on your blog and thank you for admiring my delightful baby...have a great holiday season if I don't see you before its upon us.