Friday, December 21, 2007

An adventure with lazygirl

My first introduction to lazygirl was through her amazing photos on flickr. There is something so beautiful about every one. Her pictures are not just snapshots, they are everyday moments made beautiful by her eye. Real and ethereal at the same time. After I've gotten to know Bonnie better I understand where the beauty comes from. Bonnie has a relaxed quiet energy about her that is magnetic. Despite her quiet manner, she makes an impact. Today we spent a wonderful afternoon together, being around her made me realize what I like about her. She is easygoing and fun to be around. She is very open and generous with her heart, her camera and her advice. She shared some great insights about overcoming creative inertia and even offered to help me with design work. For her to make such an offer, with all her experience to someone who she barely met a month or so ago shows a generosity of spirit and confidence in her worth, that I admire.

I cooked her a not so good Indian meal, which the poor thing ate without any complaints. Any self respecting desi would have left that ma ki dal untouched after a bite(what dh did for dinner)..it just wasn't cooked enough in spite of having been soaked overnight and cooked in the pressure cooker for like an hour. It was no wonder that her usually cooing baby got very upset soon after he nursed. What was I thinking? Whole urad dal for a breastfeeding mother? Sigh. Poor baby, gripe water helped but he suffered quite a bit.

After lunch we sat out in the backyard enjoying the glorious 70 degree TX winter with a cup of chai. Time went by so quickly and lightly. As I was replaying the day in my head, I came up to the computer and saw this post on her blog, and all these great pictures on flickr..hey lady for a lazygirl you move very quickly. Thank you so much for al lthe beautiful pictures you took. You really capture my daughter's beauty.

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Awww. I am blushing. And that was one of the best meals I had in a long time. Runny dal and all.

anja said...

=) . Alright, alright, you've earned yourself another meal and the next time it'll be better and prepared in advance!

PRIYA SHARMA SHAIKH said...

I went in to the flickr link and saw quite a few of the amazing pics bonnie has taken of her kids, hubby and dogs ... what camera does she use yaar!? Also what breed are her dogs ... they are cute and have lovely eyes and squeezable noses but are very funny looking :)

Her kidos too are soooooooo cute ... please hug her for clicking my nikko so well... by the way the link to her post never happened. send it again.

When do u arrive in India!!?? Love always - Pri