Friday, October 17, 2008

confession



I ran for 22 consecutive days. I felt good about myself every single time. I never thought, I wish I hadn't done that.

I haven't been for my run for the past five days...there were valid reasons for three of those five days, but the other two I was lazy. And each day I slipped up it became easier to not go. This just goes to show...I cannot miss a SINGLE day if I want to make exercise a habit. Failure is a part of the process of change. Instead of dwelling too much on the failure I have decided I'm going to reset my resolve. This guy always helps.

I will be going tomorrow morning for sure and every other day after that unless I am ill. I need to just get back on the band wagon as quick as I can so whatever little conditioning I have created is not lost.

The reason I am blogging about this is accountability. Not that any of my readers is going to cross examine me, but just putting it out here will help.

This is about the REST of my life, like brushing my teeth...remember?

8 comments:

Banno said...

Oh yes, it's about everyday. It's hard for me too. Stick in there. And it's a good idea to have said it aloud.

iMother2.0 said...

Dear Anja, you also have to give yourself a LOT of credit for the 22 days you DID run. The every other day goal seems more attainable.
I'm proud of you and your desire for self improvement and putting yourself out here for accountability.
You are fabulous!

anja said...

Banno, I am glad I said it out aloud, I did go this morning!

Tanya, it has to be everyday for me until it becomes a habit, otherwise I will never stick with it. Thank you for your love and support, as always=)

Unknown said...

I still struggle with just the brushing my teeth and washing my hair thang SO I know how hard it can be to make something a habit!

Good for you Mama!

Andrea said...

At least you ran for 22 days!! I have my new running shoes, but haven't worn them yet.

I will try and start tomorrow!

Kaat said...

Accountability, yes! That you "confessed" here shows in my opinion that you did not break your promise to yourself. You lapsed, a little, but you obviously still have faith in yourself.
I wanted to comment in more depth on your previous entry explaining why you are doing this for yourself, but life got away with me.
I just discovered Yoga and love it so much when I'm in the class, and i always "take with me," at the end, the sincere intention to practice every day. But then I never do. I think about it, but I fail to make room in my day for it. You are an inspiration to me to do it!
Katrien (Amie's Mama)

anja said...

Thanks Katrien! So good to see you here..It is hard to go everyday but I'm pushing myself after 5 consecutive days it feels like I have to go. I try to visualize what i want from my life when I 'm having a really tough time on an uphill section and I say, you've done this before, keep going. I plan to start yoga too, to increase my flexibility..when I have established my running into a habit. One good thing at a time is what i can handle..

SUR NOTES said...

hey anja, sent you a mail on your gmail account. please reply urgently- my mum in your city- hoping to say hello.