Thursday, June 18, 2009

perks of pregnancy

I went to the mall today to pick out maternity jeans. After shopping I devoured a very healthy chick-fil-a burger with fries. I did skip the soda and drink a bottle of water instead. I was sitting there and people watching, my favorite pass time. Across from me was a mom and her 8 year son, I watched her as she absently stroked his hair while he ate his pizza and said, "I missed you so much baby." He continued eating unaffected, secure in his mother's love. I had tears in my eyes. Then there was a mother with four daughters one of the older ones was carrying the youngest one on her hip, tears again.

It amazes me that I could just sit there and eat my burger with tears in my eyes and not feel at all weird about it, I relish the heightened emotions. While my out of control emotions can swing easily towards moodiness and melancholy, the other side of that pendulum is pure love. Its true what Anika's 'Baby on the Way' book says, "When your mama is pregnant love is growing inside her belly.."

7 comments:

SUR NOTES said...

beautifully put!

Banno said...

Well, the love and tears apart, it's also nice to eat burgers and fries and whatever you want, without worrying about your weight. :-)

Nice.

iMother2.0 said...

I, too, was touched by so much while pregnant. It seemed that pregnant women, children and tender moments in general just came out of the woodwork...every where, they were every where. It's nice to remember that hormones aren't always so bad :)

Andrea said...

Lovely post!

SUR NOTES said...

Anjalika, meet Ro.
http://mamasaysso.blogspot.com/
Both of you made me teary eyed!

jw said...

AAWWW... I'm tearing up right now. So true. I'm crazy emotional. I would have to say my fave pregnancy perk would be the fabulous and delish dreams!! ;)

Kaat said...

Re; your comment on my blog: Dear Anja, you're carrying a second baby. I think that counts for a whole lot, work-wise, family-wise, love-wise! In a way, you're double the mom I am :)

I put Middlemonth back in the blogroll... not to put too much pressure on you or anything like that :))