Friday, August 22, 2008

Car conversations



We are a one car household and we make a 20 minute drive to pick Papa up from work nearly everyday. Here is a sample conversation from the other day.

Anika: " Don't feel bad pity doll..."
Me: " Why is pretty doll sad?"
A: " Because stroller"
Me: " Does she miss her stroller"
A : " She wants to go to park in stroller"
Me: "Oh..but her stroller is in the back yard all wet in the rain, she can't sit in it now."

Long pause. A:" Pretty doll's bums get all wet."

Later.

A:" Mama, atta did fart, did you her it?"
me:" No I didn't."
A: " mama, pease do fart."
me:" ok!" Make fart sound with my mouth
A:" Ok now do loooooong fart." laughs loudly, very pleased with her self.

Later.

A:" Atta miss papa."
M:" I know baby we'll see papa soon, we're almost there."
A: "Papa papa aaja(come) now."
M;" Aww, baby do you love papa?"
A:"Hahn."
M:" How much do you love papa?"
A thinks for a little while;" Taller than mama!"

This post is mainly because of the countless conversations I have forgotten, I had to write some down.

4 comments:

Kaat said...

You're back! Oops, you've been back a while now. It's me who's been away. So glad to see you writing again! Love your conversations. I keep a journal but often I forget to write something down as well and beat myself up over it. They can be so funny and innocently sweet...
Glad you're back!
Katrien from MamaStories

nopinkhere said...

Oy! I feel the same way. I love their twisted, yet totally reasonable, logic. I had one this morning with K that I REALLY wanted to remember, but it was 6:30am and I didn't end up writing it down. Now it's gone :-(

iMother2.0 said...

I love their silly logic...they also come up with the coolest things EVER!
We should take a long car ride with the girls and see what they come up with.

Thanks for sharing a sweet part of your day :)

iMother2.0 said...

just visited this entry again...

" mama, pease do fart."

LoVe it! LoVe HER!