Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Rest in Peace

Goodbye sweet Sheroo, I miss you terribly. It is too painful to imagine home without you. You won't be on the couch, you won't wake me up every morning with your demands for food, you won't sleep by me on the couch and purr so loudly I think my stomach is growling. I will miss your incessant talking, prodding, begging, feed me, love me, let me out now, now, now. I wish I had recorded your sweet sound somewhere so I could always have a piece of you to hold onto...You were my first toddler, so loving and demanding but so damn charming, you always got your way. I will miss your eyes and the way you half closed them and made a whispering mewl when you wanted something special..I know I already dinner but please give me a snack..? I feel very sad and angry about the way you were snatched away from us but I take solace in the fact that your suffering is over. I am happy you lived life on your own terms and I am grateful I was able to be so close to a wild soul. You are irreplaceble. May you rest in peace.

1 comment:

PRIYA SHARMA SHAIKH said...

Sigh ... anj my baby ... I can imagine how you and D must hurt from within for Sheroo ... May God give him peace and you strength ... You have to be strong and not let his memories get you down -- instead like D has said remember him running fast, jumping high and taking long naps in the beautiful sun ... Love you always