Thursday, July 05, 2007

She's Joined the Collective Consciousness



That's what my poetic husband said about little Thumki..to describe the sudden amazing shift in her understanding, perception and expression. She understands everything..well maybe not everything, but it just amazes me that all this time when we were blabbing away to her in an unknown language, this little fresh new life was absorbing everything..eg Anika can you bring the Red car..she goes and picks it up and brings it over. Anika where is your diaper..silent pointing..Anika where is Daadi? Walks over to the mandir and picks up Ma's picture..goose bumps..after that one where's mama's nose is a non event..One other thing D said that was beautiful , 'Before it seemed like things would just flow through her but now they seem to stick, she's holding them'. Makes you realise just how important it is to be mindful of all your words and actions around a child. I am getting really sentimental about the fact that she is going to be a year old in a couple of weeks..I can't believe how quickly its all gone. Holding her in my arms for the first time and nursing her is still so fresh in my mind. Pushing her out and then seeing her little small, wet, white body leaning towards me from the nurse's arms..She knew me, she wanted only me, she loved me already and I loved her more than anything..I was so attached to her in one flash. Those moments of childbirth are the most spectacular of my life..my words are hollow, It was the truest most natural thing in the world..I felt the power of being a woman, I felt like a Godess, the word in my being was Shakti..

6 comments:

Maggie said...

Your husband certainly has a wonderful way with words! It describes so perfectly the way our babies absorb the world around them.

SUR NOTES said...

beautiful post anja.
its astounding how much they know already.each moment is breathtaking.

anja said...

Moppet's mom, DH surprises me very often with his spot on observations..Sur, thanks for stopping I enjoyed your posts about the workshop at the institute. The Long shot of Dad and daughter on the cool, rainy day is straight out of a Tarkovsky film.

Andrea said...

It's amazing how quickly children learn and grow. Motherhood is such a rewarding experience. I can still say that with two teen boys. Even in their awkward stage of growing from children to young men, they still adore their mother. ;)

sNb said...

truly eloquent and beautiful.

PRIYA SHARMA SHAIKH said...

Hey anika ... this is my first view of your blog and all I can say is that is so YOU ... tru from the heart. God bless you and D and nikddi .. Love -- Pri