Thursday, November 10, 2005

Mama M.I.A. South Asian Sista!

Galang galang galang:Album Arular

Blaring Galang from Arular--fabulous! Recently downloaded it. Highly recommend the album to everyone! Picks me off this chair and makes me mooove..listen to it, buy it immediately. She was born Maya Arulpragasam in Sri Lanka and moved to London as a kid because of political probelms there. She is political and unique, did I mention she is also an artist? Her music is very contemporary, original and fun, fun, fun! It has a real mix of rap, hip hop, bhangraesque beats/feel, techno.. a big curry of international fabulousness, listen to believe. Ya Ya Hey! O way o way O way O O! Ya Ya Yay!
Check out her website: www.miauk.com

Some lyrics to get a taste of the fun:

Refugee education number 2: Dash your curry like you not in hurry
Me come from New Delhi me not got no worry
And if you fuck wit me I gonna dash mah curry..

No comments: