Monday, August 15, 2005

Hardsoftware


Its finally time to put my money where my mouth is. Its time to spend close to $10K on my post production equipment. I will have a super fast computer with a big, fast brain and lots of storage space. I will also have sexy software to edit, animate and create. 5 years ago I was fighting to get a time slot on one machine at the institute and now I'm fixin to buy my own...I guess that is progress...I'm looking forward to paying it all off in blood and sweat:)

I have a lot of work to do, i have been procrastinating for the past week. 7 days of bullcrap..this and that, publishing blogs, cooking, laundry, basically unnecessary stuff. Oh well this is my trademark..the inertia before the big push. I am ready to take on this bear. The scary thing though is to get this film done beautifully. I think I have good material, but I know I should try to get done sooner rather than later coz I know there are holes, I will find I am missing shots and material. ZONE ZONE ZONE, Channel my energy to a focal point. Please inner strength make yourself surface. Stop blogging, start working.

Ok before I go, one more thing. i have a movie recommendation. 'ME and YOU and EVERYONE we KNOW' by Miranda July..man what a movie. Her creativity and prolificness have truly shamed me. I loved the movie if anyone reads this blog let me one more person who plugs it. Very creative, funny, thought provoking, artistic and unique...GO WATCH IT. All is right with the world when her movie gets awarded at Cannes and Sundance. http://www.meandyoumovie.com/?referer=%2Fmeandyoumovie
Other recs for the week: CRASH and MARCH OF THE PENGUINS..wow Indie Prolifico time. Rejoice. I had some pangs of jealousy and insecurity but mostly just happiness that people are making real movies and independent voices are being expressed and endorsed. Long live ifcfilms and lionsgate. March..was Warner Independent, wow looks like all the big wigs want a piece of the action too. Why don't I wake up and smell the coffee? There are people willing and open to producing new work from new filmmakers. Its going to happen, the feature, the festival circuit, the fun I got into this whole mess for...IF I MAKE IT HAPPEN.

No comments: