Thursday, November 22, 2007

tryptophan zindabad!

Turkey day at V&A's was delicious and decadent, we ate like pigs..V had the best plan, as always..that woman really thinks things through. We showed up at around 11 and the kiddos played a bit and then they were fed. The turkey and the timing did the trick, they both fell asleep by 1:30! We all actually had an adult conversation over wine and lit candles! It was a socially deprived toddler parents' dream come true..

We started with the best pumpkin soup I have ever tasted, I mean I had two bowls despite the other goodies that were to come. It was flavorful, tasty and soothing to the soul..

After that she had laid out (at the perfect temperature), carved turkey, stuffing, sweet potatoes with marshmellos and slivered almonds on the top, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, a bean casserole, cranberry sauce and bread rolls..yum yum. I took two big helpings and ate like a queen(pig). When I think back I wish I had eaten slower. Being a mama makes you eat under the gun..I was so nervous that baby would wake up any minute that I shoveled..sigh..but it was first rate shoveling=)

After that I swear I was trippin on the tyrpto or was it the wine or just the good company? I was so full I plonked on the couch and watched Nemo with Nikhil. I had to drink 2 cups of very sweet coffee to stay awake...Baby was still sleeping, I could have eaten so much slower..damn.

We ended all the goodness with a fat slice of yummy pecan pie each..mmm..

It was just the best day and so fitting that we got to spend a day of thanks with friends we are truly thankful for.

No comments: